Heather chronicles

I have a bit of old business to catch up on, so I'll chronicle it all for you. First are pictures from October, when we took a day trip up to Flagstaff to see the fall colors with Laurie's coworker and friend, Marc. A few days before, a huge storm had blown through the area and there were three tornados that where spotted. It was cold enough in the storm that a lot of the color weren't spectacular, it got so cold that they froze and turned brown, rather than lovely yellows and reds. Here are the pictures of the colors we did see.

This is the snow that the storm left on the San Francisco Peaks.

Here is a picture from our trip to CA for Thanksgiving. It was a very short trip but it was good to see the nephews and family and we even squeezed in a trip up to the cabin. This is the picture that we took when first arrived. The next day, it snowed another foot and Laurie and her parents took a nice cross country ski and I spun, watching it snow and snow and snow. The picture is of the cabin's deck, covered in lovely snow.


What post would be complete without some recent bunny pictures?! Bennett loves his naps in the sun. I'm not sure if this is a repeat of info, but we decided to put the bunnies back into the second bedroom again, the bunny room, because it was getting tiresome to have hay in the bedroom all the time and it was more that I could keep up with. Ella is fenced in so Bennett can't get close and bother her in her cage.

A nap in the sun, bunny pancake.

Auntie Laurie woke him up taking pictures of such a cute bunny.

One ear listening... Always.

And for spinning endeavors, right now I'm spinning some merino in the color "wine" and some angora that I got before we got Bennett. The angora fiber is from Bennett's mother and I don't have enough to finish the whole project, so I will be using some of Bennett's fiber. Bennett's mom was a bit darker that he is but every time we pluck him, he seems to be getting darker and darker. He's also mellowing out a lot - a huge cuddle bun :). Here's a pic of the carded fiber. I actually decided that it wasn't blended enough after I took this picture, so it will be a solid heathery purple. I am spinning in for three ply sock yarn.


The yarn I took off the wheel to start the bunny sock project is this, Pagewood Farms BFL wool in the colorway "Mississippi Mud". It was chain plied, to keep the colors more stripey. It ended up to be lace weight, so I'll be working hard to spin the bunny socks heavier to make it fingering weight. :)



I think that is it for right now, I'm listening to Laurie read Harry Potter and am itching to spin lovely angora merino...

0 comments:

Post a Comment