Healing thoughts for Ms. Ella

This will be a short post, and I have lots more to say but we're having a bit of a crisis with Ella. On Wednesday night, I was grooming her back legs and felt something catch in the comb, thinking it was just a large mat that needed tending to, I went looking for it. I didn't find a mat, I found a quarter size laceration below her hind leg. So, off we went to the emergency vet and had it sown up, because she doesn't have sensory perception in her back legs and because the fur mites have greatly reduced the quality of her skin, we are worried about infection. She managed to get the e-collar we were sent home with off last night and bit off two of the stitches - the wound is still closed and we're heading off to our vet office this afternoon. Please send healing thoughts her way, poor girl, we're doing the best we can to keep her comfortable and healthy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment