A fibery post

This won't include all the wonderful fiber and new spindle that I got this morning for Christmas. First up is my new spindle set. These are partially to replace the bolivian rosewood one that I broke the tip off of. (I'm still hoping to get that fixed by sending in back to the maker.) Both of these spindles are 12 inch ones in Lignum Vitae wood. You can't really see how beautiful the wood is in the picture, but it has streaks of blue and green and is very pretty. I've already transferred the cashmere/silk that I was spinning on the broken one over.


Next up is the fiber that I spun up for Expressions in Spinning, the My Beard poem. It's 2oz of BFL. About 140 yards of sport weight yarn, Navajo plied. This was my first every three ply and likewise my first time Navajo plying. It was a lot easier that I had initially thought it would be, so I think it will be a regular occurrence. Right now, I'm in the middle of knitting this yarn into fingerless gloves for myself. They are turning out really nice.


I know that I have more pictures of fiber on another card. It may be in the camera. I'll have to get on downloading them to my computer so I can show them off. I'm not sure when I'll photograph the wonderful Christmas presents that I just received, soon I hope!

0 comments:

Post a Comment